The best time to learn about hospice is before you need it. Hospice Liaisons help individuals and groups in the community learn about the benefits of hospice care before they are faced with a crisis situation.
- Become knowledgeable about hospice care, hospice programs and related issues, and share this information with their group,
- Act as a bridge between their group and Armada Hospice,
- Help to dispel the myths about hospice and break down the barriers people have about using hospice,
- Be available to "walk" with a member of your community group through the referral process, if needed,
- Be sure that information from Armada Hospice is distributed to their group, and
- Help set up programs about hospice or other end-of-life care issues for their group each year.