The best time to learn about hospice care is before a patient needs it. Hospice Liaisons help individuals and groups in the community learn about the type of care hospice offers, its process, and benefits before they are faced with a crisis situation. Being aware of what’s required and familiar with what’s expected will help patients and their families better prepare for hospice.
Armada Hospice is proud to have community liaisons who are dedicated to informing patients and families of the true nature of hospice and ways in which it can enhance their final moments together.
Below are some of the requirement and duties of a community liaison:
- Become knowledgeable about hospice care, hospice programs, and related issues, and share this information with their group.
- Act as a bridge between groups and Armada Hospice.
- Help to dispel the myths about end-of-life care and break down the barriers people have about using hospice.
- Be available to guide a member of your community group through the referral process, if needed.
- Be sure that information from Armada Hospice is distributed to their group.
- Help set up programs about hospice or other end-of-life care issues for their specific group each year.
If you’re interested in becoming a community liaison or want to seek counsel from one, we invite you to please reach out to us at (505) 821-1200. Thank you!